Thursday, February 21, 2013

A few days ago, I was diagnosed with an 8 cm fibroid.

Although, I had heard about "fibroids" before, I didn't know I had one.

It was discovered when I was being seen for bladder discomfort.

My 8 cm fibroid is considered large, but fibroids can grow larger.

There can be one large fibroid, a few, to many which can vary in size and location depending on the woman.
 
Knowing what I know now, I think it is better to treat a fibroid sooner than later for less invasive treatments.

Also, having a regular gynecologist and primary care provider is important for early detection.

I was treated at general practices with complaints of heavy bleeding, but fibroids were never mentioned and have tried different types of birth control over the years.


In general, women can live with fibroids but if they are "symptomatic" meaning problems have started, treatment needs to be considered.

Hearing about the size of my fibroid was scary, but it explained my symptoms: enlarged uterus, frequent urination, heavy menstrual periods, back pain, etc. Having symptoms like these can affect your work, fertility, social, and daily activities.

So, how are fibroids treated?


I learned that fibroids may shrink temporarily with medication and that this treatment is short-term since it can cause bone loss and vaginal dryness, etc. Also, the fibroids can return to their orginal size once you stop taking the medication. A physician can provide more information about this.

Fibroid images online are somewhat graphic, but generally they are white and dense when not covered with tissue/blood.

 
It appears that fibroids may be caused by genetics, diet, and the imbalance of the female hormones progesterone and estrogen. 

How fibroids develop, grow, or shrink is unknown.

Although, research has shown that fibroids tend to shrink after menopause.

I found a lot of different things on the web about shrinking the fibroids naturally, surgically, or with medications.

Most of all, I urge all women to undergo a pelvic exam to discover fibroids and those with fibroids need to consult a physician before trying anything natural as it could interfere with medications and it's important to understand dosage (how much should you take).

Basically, fibroids are usually non-cancerous, but it is a good idea to have a Pap exam (yearly if you have symptoms) to screen for cerivcal cancer, etc. Also, after a fibroid/mass is detected during the pelvic exam, a transvaginal ultrasound is required to learn about the size, location, and number of fibroids or cysts (polyps cannot be seen with ultrasound). MRI is better, but it is very expensive.

Be sure to ask the physician a lot of questions, even if they are in a hurry. Some doctors need to be asked if they don't provide the information. You should feel comfortable with your doctor. Learn their skill set so you can get the best care/surgery.

Good questions for surgery:

How many times have you performed this type of surgery?
Recovery time?
Am I a candidate for less invasive procedures? If so, can you give me a referral.
How fast will the fibroid grow? Which surgeries/treatment do I qualify for based on the size and location of the fibroids?

Thanks for visiting my blog.



10 comments:

  1. Wonders shall never end, who could have imagined that herbal medication can cure fibroid. I have been battling with Fibroid for so long, I experienced pelvic pain, heavy menstrual bleeding and I had several miscarriages. I went to the hospital and I was diagnosed of multiple fibroid and I was treated but nothing seems to be working until I read about Uduehi’s medication online and of course I gave it a try and after using his medicine all the fibroid shrank, and the pains gone. I am 4 months pregnant now. You can reach him if interested through: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am henry from vegas, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of fibroid and painful menstruation, his name is Dr osaze. My wife was diagnose of fibroid two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr Osaze's recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb.within a month and a week, the herbs shrink the fibroid, You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at drosaze39@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Who would have believed herbal medicine could cure FIBROID? I suffered fibroid for a long time and getting pregnant was a problem, I had pelvic pain, heavy menstrual bleeding even hospital could not help. Until I read about doctor Uduehi online, I contacted him for help and behold I was cured. I have gone for test severally at the hospital and was proved negative which means I am free from fibroid and I am also pregnant at the moment. You too can be cured if having such problem. His contact: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy today to share my testimony on how a herbal doctor cure my wife from FIBROID INFECTION. my wife was infected with FIBROID, we went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking on how to get a solution out so that we can have our own child. i found an article about one doctor who already help a lady with his herbal medicine. then i contacted him. He told me all the things I need to do, and he send the herbal medicine to me here in my country to take, my wife followed the instruction properly on how to take it. Before I knew what is happening after 0ne month the FIBROID that was in my wife body got vanished and she was cured totally . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at droriane6@gmail.com or call +2349031652461

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to share this testimony, i was 3 years ago diagnosed of fibroid and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing my menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods,lower abdominal pressure which result to heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment such as Coenzyme Q10,ibuprofen, Danazol and many more. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. In the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took the Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then.
    Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him via email address DRLEETU99@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. am excited to share this testimony, i was 3 years ago diagnosed of fibroid and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing my menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods,lower abdominal pressure which result to heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment such as Coenzyme Q10,ibuprofen, Danazol and many more. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. In the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took the Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then.
    Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him via email address drleetu99@gmail.com. or whatsapp Him +2348139747402

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting my uterine fibroid totally shrinked wasn’t easy. But today I am fibroid free and I am A mother, all this happened within a short time when I came across DR LEETU on Facebook and I contacted him for proper treatment. Behold he introduced me to his herbal medicine which I paid for before he delivered it to me , at first I was scared if he was a scam or not but I gave it a try and he delivered the medicine to me . I followed his prescriptions and after 23 days the fibroid was gone and was melted , it came out from my vagina as thick blood . I just want to say thank you Sir for everything , God will continuously bless you . you can also email him on DRLEETU99@GMAIL.COM
    Jesus will not leave you behind Our case is different

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS

    his product is by far the best plan for treating fibroids naturally...the practical step by step instructions and the detailed information regarding the real cause and how to treat uterine fibroids were a real eye opener. I started dr williams medication after intense bleeding and pain which occurred during one of my rehearsals (I am a professional violinist).I was later that week diagnosed with 2 medium sized fibroids which placed an enormous pressure on my bladder. I was advised by 3 different doctors to undergo surgery to remove these fibroids as I was told that there was nothing I could do to shrink or stop their growth. Luckily, I ran into dr williams by accident as I was searching for information on the net regarding my condition. I was so relieved to have found that surgery was not always the answer, that it can be dangerous and that uterine fibroid can return even after surgical intervention. In less than 4 weeks of taking dr williams herbal portion and following his instruction, both of my fibroid had shrunk by 100% and the second ultrasound taken 7 weeks after I began taking dr williams medication, had shown that both of these were completely gone. I also my periods became regular. and now am three months old pregnant, you can contact his email address on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gina! I read your comment about Dr. Uduehi’s medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Uduehi and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through: (+2347084878384) uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks to Dr. Sunday herbal centre for his help in shrinking off my long term uterine fibroid. I had pelvic pain, heavy menses and swollen. I went to the hospital and was diagnosed of fibroid and advised to go for surgery I was scared and I went online for more info and remedy about fibroid. Luckily, I found Dr. Sunday natural medication for fibroid. I reached out to him and he prepared me with his herbal medicine for fibroid shrinking,and i used the medicine as he prescribed for me and my fibroid disappeared totally and is now a year plus since I got cured.his herbal medicine is easy to drink with no side effects.contact him on his Email....drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete